Wednesday, January 11, 2006

The Weapons of Our Warfare Are Not Carnal?

For a donation of $41.10 (which he calls "a statement of faith"), Pastor Rod Parsley will send you The Sword of the King to display in your home as a reminder of God's promise in Isaiah 41:10 (He should have selected a verse from Isaiah $66 for a greater return): "Fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand."


According to the description, the sword is a replica of the sword of the legendary King Arthur." How, exactly, one replicates a non-existent item, I don't know. But something's fishy because this is supposed to be a replica of Arthur's sword too and it doesn't look anything like what Parsley's selling. Who uses swords nowadays, anyway? For the sake of cultural contextual-ization, Pastor Rod should sell light sabers.  Humor aside, things like this invite the world to mock Christianity as evidenced by The Revealer's caustic coverage.

1 comment:

empressbarb said...

Last night my husband and I laughingly agreed to never support a ministry that gave out mugs, pencils or other tacky items emblazoned with the name of Jesus....Sometimes I think Christians believe they are supposed to become just like the stereotype they have been portrayed as being.
Sheeesh!