Wednesday, September 14, 2005

Conservatives Flock to "March of the Penguins"

According to the NY Times, a number of political and Christian conservatives consider the film illustrative of intelligent design, the superiority of monogamy, and even the Christian life. One pastor is quoted as saying "Some of the circumstances they experienced seemed to parallel those of Christians. The penguin is falling behind, is like some Christians falling behind. The path changes every year, yet they find their way, is like the Holy Spirit." 


Might this be the making of a new Christian classic -- Penguins' Progress?

1 comment:

Chris Meirose said...

I went to the movie it's opening week, not because I was looking for deep spiritual insight, but because I wanted to be entertained without being offended. Mission accomplished. It was a delightful film, that was quite appropriate for my fiancee and I to use for a date. Could I have drawn some deeper theological messages from it? Yes - but I often hesitate to do so. Clearly seen is the beauty and diversity of God's creation. But I don't know if I could be comfortable using it as an illustration for monogomy.

Big Chris
Because I said so blog
http://mrclm.blogspot.com