Another valuable resource worthy of fathers' attention is John Piper's recent sermon called "Marriage is Meant to Make Children...Disciples of Jesus." He concludes with the following brief observations based on Ephesians 6: 1-4:
- The father has a leading responsibility in bringing the children up in the discipline and instruction of the Lord.
- Nevertheless, both mother and father are called to this together.
- It is important that both mother and father be united in this effort.
- The most fundamental task of a mother and father is to show God to the children.
- God has ordained that both mother and father be involved in raising the children because they are husband and wife before they are mother and father.