Friday, December 16, 2005
Why the Church Needs Apologetics
Mark Coppenger elaborates on the following ten reasons why the church needs apologetics even when the lost won't listen
1. We can savor, cultivate, and honor rationality, just as we do physicality.
2. It cultivates dialogical prowess for the public square.
3. It helps keep the warrior spirit alive.
4. It keeps us honest - we need to hear our critics.
5. It encourages the troops who have been beaten down.
6. It is good pre-evangelism -- for the evangelizer as well as the evangelized.
7. It helps us become culturally literate.
8. It helps us clarify our own language.
9. It exposes the opposition as a Wizard of Oz.
10. It’s fun, a form of wholesome recreation and entertainment.
[HT: A-Team Blog]