- Is this person God's friend? (James 2:23)
- Can I share meaningful things with this person?
- Is my unwillingness to share connected with a character fault in the other or in myself (fear, distrust, etc)?
- Am I being too passive in the cultivation of meaningful friendships? If so, how will I change this pattern of behavior?
- Am I making myself available to other men for godly friendship?
Thursday, April 19, 2007
Men and Friendship
Thabiti Anyabwile looks at the characteristics of meaningful friendships and what hinders men from forming them. He concludes with five helpful questions for assessing the quality and depth of our relationships: